Skip to main content

Traveling With Tikes

Well I guess I need to get you all caught up on my recent travels. On Thursday, Oct. 18th I got up at 3am to be ready in time for a 6am flight from home with Eddie (2.5yrs) and Joey 2.5 months) by myself. We were to have to connecting flights on our journey for the day. We made it to Memphis and got to the gate with double stroller, 2 carseats, diaper bag, back pack and both kids!! The flight was delayed 30 min, no problem. We get on the plane and it's hotter than hades!!! They apologize and get ready for our flight. We end up sitting at the gate for a full 2 hrs while they fix the air conditioning. I might need to remind you northerners that it's 85+ degrees outside in Memphis on this October morning. Well your connection in Minneapolis is NOT going to happen so what can you do. I get off the plane and go to the counter to see what adventure is ahead. Well they ended up canceling my flight completely so we missed NOTHING. They put us on a much later flight that would get us into LaCrosse at 8:45pm with my rental car and a 4.5hr drive to Greenbay ahead of me. That's NUTS!!! Minneapolis is only a 5hr drive to Greenbay so I get on the phone and attempt to change my rental car pick up location. What a pain in the ass they know nothing and that includes the English language!!! So I load everything up and head back to the ticket counter. I explain my situation and ask if I can please get my bags. There is no way this lady is going to get my bags. Well mom has to go through LaCrosse in the morning on her way to Greenbay anyway so I have her put it in the computer that my mom will pick my bags up at the LaCrosse airport in the morning. I then ask for my boarding passes for the late flight in case I need to get back through security. She was at least nice enough to inform me that if I do drive and skip the last leg of my flight it is highly likely that my return flight will be automatically cancelled. She gives me the phone number to call and prevent this from happening. I get the to car rental counter and have to wait for what seems like forever, but in reality is about 30min. They can't help me as we booked online!!! They do have a car available for $230. So I get on the cell phone and it takes forever to get ahold of Daniel to ask about spending 5times the amount we had reserved the car for orignally. He gets on the computer and sends me to a different car rental counter which happens to be on a completely different floor of the air port. We get there and wait in line and whine on the phone to the Rechsteiners that have already arrived and started celebrating in Greenbay. Well as the lady is getting ready to swipe my credit card my brother calls to save the day. He informs me that Uncle Hans and Wendy are an hour away from the airport and can pick me up. So I tell the lady "Wait, I just got a ride." She gives me my credit card back and I load up and prepare to hike to the other side of the airport with my crew. Thanks to cell phone Uncle Hans and Wendy coordinate with me and we get the kids and gear loaded in the car and arrive in Greenbay much later than expected and without luggage. I am so incredibly grateful to them for the ride!! We stayed up chatting and catching up until 3am so I was up for 24 hrs. The boys decided to stay on their regular wake up time of 6am so Friday was a long, but enjoyable day being with family. Mom got to Greenbay with my bags around 2pm and we all spent the afternoon hanging out. You can visit my GREENBAY TRIP album on the New Saucer Family Website Link for all the pictures. Also visit the IOWA TRIP album for the pictures of the second part of my trip in Iowa. I haven't taken the time to add captions, but hope to do so in the very near future so you can identify everyone in all the pictures.

Here is a picture of our crew in flight.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Here is a picture of Eddie and Joey upon arriving in Greenbay.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is the cutest photo ever of them sleeping side by side.... me and mini me! - K

Popular posts from this blog

ARRRRR!! Ahoy Matey!

I am long over due in this post as it's been 2 weeks ago already!! We took Alan's best buddy Aidan and his family on the Sea Dragon Pirate Cruise to celebrate all our August birthdays this year. The cruise was a BLAST!! It's family oriented and jam packed with activities for the kids. They start off in the red circle on the main deck for a safety talk about running and all the normal safety stuff. Then they give them all squirt guns and anyone on the main deck is fair game for the water gun fight. Then they have the kids swab the deck with child size mops. Then they take them into the dungeon to tell them a story about a treasure buried at sea. When they come up from the dungeon we all have to look for the "X" bouy. Then one of the pirate crew gets them all lined up with a rope and they have to pull the chest up out of the water. Everyone gets some of the treasure to take home. One of the last activities was getting pirate tatoos. Here is Alan aka Captain

Daniel's Surgery

It's 1:30am and been a very long day. Daniel's surgery was pushed back quite a bit today and we are just getting home from the hospital. The doctor gave us some neat pictures and I hope to get them along with all the details added to this post in the very near future. Thanks for all your prayers and please continue to pray for a speedy recovery. WARNING WARNING WARNING the following pictures are not for those of you with weak stomachs!!! Here is his Gall Bladder (everything here is normal) This next picture was explained with some big words. My teaching background kicked in so I rephrased what the doctor was telling me in words I could understand and he said I was understanding correctly. This is Daniel's colon an it should be able to move freely, but there is a spider web kind of forming around it trapping it. The doctor was able to cut it free. Here is Daniel's small intestine. It was getting caught up in the web as well, but the doctor was successful in freein

New House Pictures

I posted pictures of the new house on Picasa today.  You can click  HERE  to see them.  We unloaded 12,000lbs and returned the truck today.  Daniel reports to work at 6:30am and the boys and I will be cleaning, unpacking and sorting.  They are scheduled to deliver the appliances and install the security system as well.