Skip to main content

Potty Training Day 4 (2:45am)

Potty training today started off great!!! When Daddy got Alan ready for bed last night Alan tore the diaper off and handed Daddy his underwear saying "no beeper, Thomas" (he calles diapers beepers and the underwear had Thomas the Train on them). I thought I would be in for a bad morning, but he woke up dry and he was dry all day, but the evening is another story. I went scrapbooking at the local scrapbook store with a neighbor. Daniel says Alan did a great job going pee pee, but he was extremely constipated and had 3 poopy accidents in his pants. Alan also managed to shatter the glass jar his "treats" are kept in. How he got his little hands on the jar I still have to find out. Anyway this was very upsetting. My new friend, Robbin, had some little candies to send home to get us through until tomorrow. Alan was extremely upset when I came home at 1am he was crying and pushing me away telling me not to look and not to touch it. I guess the little guard on the potty chair was in his way and he got some on the bathroom floor. For a very obsessive compulsive 2yr old this is a very big deal in combination with the earlier shattering of the treat jar he was very upset. We did eventually get him calmed down and he requested a beeper for bedtime. Tomorrw is another day and we are still making progress in my book :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New House Pictures

I posted pictures of the new house on Picasa today.  You can click  HERE  to see them.  We unloaded 12,000lbs and returned the truck today.  Daniel reports to work at 6:30am and the boys and I will be cleaning, unpacking and sorting.  They are scheduled to deliver the appliances and install the security system as well.

ARRRRR!! Ahoy Matey!

I am long over due in this post as it's been 2 weeks ago already!! We took Alan's best buddy Aidan and his family on the Sea Dragon Pirate Cruise to celebrate all our August birthdays this year. The cruise was a BLAST!! It's family oriented and jam packed with activities for the kids. They start off in the red circle on the main deck for a safety talk about running and all the normal safety stuff. Then they give them all squirt guns and anyone on the main deck is fair game for the water gun fight. Then they have the kids swab the deck with child size mops. Then they take them into the dungeon to tell them a story about a treasure buried at sea. When they come up from the dungeon we all have to look for the "X" bouy. Then one of the pirate crew gets them all lined up with a rope and they have to pull the chest up out of the water. Everyone gets some of the treasure to take home. One of the last activities was getting pirate tatoos. Here is Alan aka Captain

Daniel's Surgery

It's 1:30am and been a very long day. Daniel's surgery was pushed back quite a bit today and we are just getting home from the hospital. The doctor gave us some neat pictures and I hope to get them along with all the details added to this post in the very near future. Thanks for all your prayers and please continue to pray for a speedy recovery. WARNING WARNING WARNING the following pictures are not for those of you with weak stomachs!!! Here is his Gall Bladder (everything here is normal) This next picture was explained with some big words. My teaching background kicked in so I rephrased what the doctor was telling me in words I could understand and he said I was understanding correctly. This is Daniel's colon an it should be able to move freely, but there is a spider web kind of forming around it trapping it. The doctor was able to cut it free. Here is Daniel's small intestine. It was getting caught up in the web as well, but the doctor was successful in freein